People’s Choice Contest Rules
Wiki Pet has placed reasonable and prudent safeguards within the contest system intended to create a fair and equal opportunity for all contestants. The following guidelines are a reference for all participants in the People's Choice contest.
- The current contest is open to dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens that are or can be considered pets. Images may not include people (adults or children).
- Only 1 photo submission per pet is allowed.
- Users can submit multiple pets.
- Users must create a FREE Wiki Pet account in order to participate in the contest, or vote on contestants. Users may not create multiple accounts in order to stuff their votes. Social networking is the best way to win the contest.
- Only one vote per user per contestant.
- Contest winners (1st place) can only collect the contest prize once per calendar year, but may enter any contest throughout the year. If a past contest winner (within the last 12 months) wins an additional 1st place prize, the prize and position in the calendar will be forefeit to the next runners up as follows. 2nd place is moved to 1st, 3rd place up to 2nd, and 4th place to 3rd. The photo of the past winning contestant will also be included in the calendar, but will not be the featured image.
- All rights to images submitted for the contest are transferred to Wiki-pet.com and may be used for future promotional purposes without the expressed written permission of the contestant. Photos will not be individually sold, but will may be used in the annual calendar. This calendar will be sold.
- Winners will be notified via email within 5 days of contest end. Contest winners (first, second, and third place) will be required to submit original images (either digital or print image) to us for the Wiki Pet People's Choice calendar. Original prints can be mailed to Wiki Pet and will be returned un-damaged to the owner after being processed into our system. The Wiki Pet calendar will be printed at the end of the year and distributed nationwide via multiple retail distribution channels.
- Contest winners will be determined using a combination of total votes and average vote. The winner will be determined by evaluating contest scores on the last day of the month. At the end of each monthly contest, votes and voter accounts will be examined to determine the validy of the contestant's win. If a contest winner is determined to have participated in ballot fraud, their position will be forfeit to the next runner up.
- If a winning contestant is unable to provide a suitable original, high quality photo for our calendar, their placement in the calendar will be forfeit to the next runner up or a replacement image as determined by Wiki-pet.com.
- Winning contestants must reply to communication within 2 weeks to claim prize. Any un-claimed prizes will be transferred to the next runner up. In the event that a runner up is unable to claim the prize, Wiki Pet will re-submit the prize to our prize bin for a later contest. Prizes are not convertible to cash and carry no cash value. Prizes being shipped outside of the United States will incur shipping charges to be paid by recipient.
- Not all prizes are valid or shippable outside the United States. In this instance, we reserve the right to refuse delivery on said prize.
- Social buzz marketing is encouraged within this contest and contestants have free use of their dedicated contestant URL provided at the time of entry. If it is lost, you may re-copy it by highlighting the URL in the browser while visiting your pet's specific contest page. Share this link with all your friends on every social network to which you are a member.
- These rules and conditions may be adjusted at any time without notification.
- SPECIAL NOTE: This contest requires a minimum of 25 contestants during the contest month to qualify for prize distribution.
- Contest winnners are not guaranteed every month unless such prizes are advertised and defined in promotional materials.